The Hits Hot Reheated Breakfast
April 30th, 2013
That’s #7 on Insurance.com’s list of the Top Excuses For Avoiding A Ticket. Here’s the rest of the list:
- I couldn’t see the sign telling me not to do it: 20.5%.
- I’m lost and unfamiliar with the roads: 15.6%.
- I didn’t know it was broken: 12.4%.
- Everyone else was doing it: 6.4%.
- I’m having an emergency situation in my car: 5.4%.
- I missed my turn/exit: 4.8%.
- I had to go to the bathroom: 4.6%.
- I didn’t do anything dangerous: 4.2%.
- I was on my way to an emergency. (to help someone who is ill or injured.): 4%.
- My GPS said it was the right thing to do: 2.2%.
- I’m just helping out; I wasn’t even supposed to be driving: 2%.
While some are more believable than others, I think there’s something really interesting to be observed here. When faced with the possibility of receiving a ticket, people resort to child-like instincts. The two that really stand out to me are “everyone else was doing it” and “I didn’t do anything dangerous.” How do either of these two excuses found any sort of argument that what you were doing was wrong and/or not illegal? And yet, I would be inclined to say the same thing!
On a lighter note, we’re only 12 days from Mother’s Day. Don’t forget!
Join me during the Hits Hot Breakfast tomorrow morning for a special announcement on how Hits 95.9 is going to help you reward your mom this Mother’s Day. Be sure to check back here as well for details.
Today is National Oatmeal Cookie Day, International Jazz Day, National Raisin Day and National Honesty Day. To quote myself from our facebook page, “Honestly, the raisin is getting way too much credit today.” Ken Leccese makes his oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips. I like his way of thinking.
I think it’s worth noting that it was on this date in 1904 that the ice cream cone was invented. It was also on this date in 1945 that Hitler died. A coincidence? I think not. I don’t know what correlation I’m trying to draw here, but I’ll leave that to interpretation.
A new survey by the University of New South Wales reveals that men with 10 days of beard growth are viewed by women as the sexiest. Men with 5 days of light stubble are viewed by women as the least sexy. What exactly happens between day 5 and 10, we’ll never know. This is funny — I was just talking about this the other day with my girlfriend. “It’s science,” she proclaimed…and I guess she’s right?
All that I can gather from this picture is that I’ve gained weight. There ought to be a poll.
Aha! There we go. Yes, I did just take a selfie in the office.
Have a great Tuesday!